We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
- – information means personal information about you that we collect, use and store.
- – we, us and our means Free Range Dairy Network CIC.
- – you means the individual to whom the information relates.
Your Rights and Controlling your Information
At any time, you have the right to:
- – Request access to or a copy of any personal information which we hold about you.
- – Rectify your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate.
- – Ask us to delete your personal information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it.
- – Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent).
- – Ask us to stop or start sending you emails and newsletters.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- – Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, by not clicking on the relevant box to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing or communication purposes.
- – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing or communication purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us, as described under Contact us in this document. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by following the link at the bottom of any of our newsletters you have received.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
Information we gather
We may collect the following information:
- – Your name
- – Your email address
If you apply to become a farmer member, we also collect the following information:
- – Your user name
- – Your trading name
- – Your trading address
- – Some of your farms milk production details, such as how many cows you have; your milk output; your milk buyer.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your information to:
- – Provide information about our events and other information relating to the activities of Free Range Dairy Network CIC to you.
- – Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- – Communicate with you.
- – Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- – Keep our site safe and secure.
- – Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Legal Basis for Processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- – For the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts.
- – For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time, unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Sharing your Personal Information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your enquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- – Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
- – Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our visitors needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK.