Free Range Dairy Network Membership Terms and Conditions
Members shall abide by these Terms and Conditions including any amendments made in accordance with the details set out below.
1. Membership Applications
- Applications for membership will be considered by Free Range Dairy Network CIC which has the right to refuse applications.
- By submitting an application form by email, the Member is deemed to have signed the application form.
- All information provided by you to us must be true and accurate at the point of applying.
In the event of a change of circumstances such as change of contact details or herd size you are responsible for and you must notify Free Range Dairy Network CIC by phone, email or in writing so that our records are up to date. You can find our contact details here.
2. Membership Payments and Renewals
- Membership is fixed for a period of one calendar year. Membership will be activated at point of approval of the application and once payment has been received.
- Subscription payments not received within one month of becoming due will result in the membership being considered lapsed and all services may be suspended pending payment.
- Membership charges will continue to accrue, until resignation is received in writing, subject to the cancellation procedure outlined below.
3. Individual Membership
- Individual membership belongs to the individual and not to the organisation regardless of who pays for the membership. Any dispute arising from this must be resolved by the member and their organisation.
- It is the Individual Member’s responsibility to keep their membership credentials confidential.
- Free Range Dairy Network CIC reserves the right to withdraw Membership or to prevent any Member from renewing if the Member is misusing the membership benefits (for example, allowing someone else to use the benefits of their membership package or if they gave incorrect information when joining the CIC).
- If membership lapses or is terminated by either party, then Free Range Dairy accreditation will be withdrawn and the producer will no longer be permitted to use any logos, trademarks or promotional materials owned by the Free Range Dairy Network CIC
- Each individual member will be required to act within the spirit of the CIC and actively promote the social mission of Free Range Dairy Network.
- Each Individual member will pledge to provide all dairy cows on the farm with access to grazing for as long as possible each year and work towards meeting Free Range Dairy Pasture Promise producer standards.
- On joining the Free Range Dairy Network CIC, Members agree to provide the Directors with annual and monthly farm records as detailed in the membership pack. Further details of records required can be found on the Free Range Dairy website.
- Joining the Free Range Dairy Network CIC does not give Members automatic entitlement to use the Free Range Dairy Pasture Promise label. Members wishing to supply milk to be sold under the Pasture Promise label must apply to Free Range Dairy Network CIC for a Trademark License Agreement and demonstrate that they can comply with the Producer Standards.
- Each individual member must be a member of a recognised farm assurance scheme for milk and be compliant with the standards set by that scheme, at all times.
4. Membership Benefits
- Member benefits are only available if subscription payments are up to date.
- Member benefits may change without notice.
- Members are only permitted to use their membership status with Free Range Dairy Network CIC and any approved marketing materials for promotional activities associated with their own business following prior written approval from the Directors of Free Range Dairy Network CIC.
- Free Range Dairy Network CIC will keep Members informed of services of benefit to Members which are offered either direct by Free Range Dairy Network CIC or other Member service providers.
5. Terminating Membership
- Free Range Dairy Network CIC reserves the right to withdraw membership or to prevent any Member from renewing membership if the Member puts Free Range Dairy Network CIC into disrepute.
- Free Range Dairy Network CIC reserves the right to withdraw membership if the member is deemed to have misused the membership privileges or found to have submitted inaccurate information about their farm business at any time.
- If membership is withdrawn, access to all member benefits will be terminated and any accrued benefits and monies will be returned but the Member will not be entitled to a refund of their membership fee.
- To cancel your membership you will need to notify us in writing stating one month before you plan to cancel. Refunds will not be given for cancelled memberships.
6. Variation of Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions may be revised from time to time. If they are revised, we will post or email the revised version to you. It will be your responsibility to keep up-to date with all such changes and your continued membership shall be deemed acceptance of any changes to these terms and conditions.
7. Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Law of England and Wales.